Skip to main content

Memetown: January 8, 2014




























































































































































































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

D&B Genesis of Kentucky, Vol. 1: Chapter 6

The Roaring 1700s (The 18 th Century) 1700AD. The Half-King of the Catawba Tribe is Born. Little is known of TANACHARISON Tanacharison's early life. He probably was born into the CATAWBA Catawba tribe about 1700 near what is now Buffalo, New York. As a child, he was taken captive by the French and later adopted into the Seneca tribe, one of the 5 Nations of the Iroquois Confederacy. Tanacharison said the French boiled and ate his father. His early years were spent on the southeastern shore of Lake Erie in what is now western New York State. Tanacharison was merely a village leader, whose actual authority extended no further than his own village. In this view, the title “ HALF KING” was probably a British invention, and his subsequent lofty historical role as a Six Nations “regent” or “viceroy” in the Ohio Country was the product of later generations of scholars. 1700. The Shawnees tota l pop ulation in all of America was around 2,500 folks. 1700s. “Substantial number...

Several Notable Kentucky Duels

Section 228, the “dueling clause” of Kentucky's Constitution, states: Oath of Officers and Attorneys (title) http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/legresou/constitu/228.htm “Members of the General Assembly and all officers, before they enter upon the execution of the duties of their respective offices, and all members of the bar, before they enter upon the practice of their profession, shall take the following oath or affirmation: “I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky so long as I continue a citizen thereof, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of ____ according to law; and I do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, ...

Abraham Lincoln's 1816 Out-of-Kentucky Path Through Breckinridge County

Falls of the Rough River. Many Indian relics have been found here from several different tribes. “I was hunting along Rough River in Breckinridge County and came across a few overhangs and decided to scratch around. I started digging and came across several rocks that appeared burnt. Then I found a few pieces of flint that appeared to have been worked on.” BRECKINRIDGE COUNTY. Prehistoric grave in Cloverport. Mentioned by Collins. Abraham Lincoln's 1816 Out-of-Kentucky Path Through Breckinridge County Thomas Lincoln moved out of the Knob Creek Farm, his last Kentucky home, a few days after November 11, 1816.<ref name=Gregory>Gregory, Edward. (1938). “At the End of the Trail: The Story of the Journey of Thomas Lincoln and His Family Through Hardin and Breckinridge Counties, Kentucky, to Indiana in 1816.” Retrieved on November 27, 2014 from https://archive.org/details/atendoftrailstor00brec .</ref> Thomas Lincoln took his wife, son, and daughter from...